cloud.ca is looking for an experienced cloud systems engineer to support its Infrastructure as a Service. You will be part of the team responsible for supporting cloud.ca and its customers as the final escalation point. You will also participate in the prototype, design and deployment phases of new services offerings as well as resolving cloud operations challenges.
cloud.ca’s infrastructure team uses DevOps workflows and Infrastructure as Code as well as cutting edge open source and commercial technologies. We offer an exciting work environment with technical challenges and learning opportunities.
This is a full time position based at our head office in Montréal, QC. This position will require a flexible work schedule and availability to perform maintenances.
- Deploy and maintain systems that are scalable, automated, well-documented and train other team members to manage operations.
- Build, scale, and secure cloud.ca the infrastructure, focusing on Linux environments.
- Leverage open source technologies to build services that will have an impact on our quality of service.
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together.
- Be the last escalation point for infrastructure and customer issues.
- Resolve problems that don’t exist on stackoverflow.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- DEC or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Willingness to work within a team environment.
- Work well under pressure and with specific time constraints.
- Practical experience with Linux system administration and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years of experience working with configuration management tools such as Chef.
- 5+ years of experience working with monitoring tools such as nagios, zabbix or Sensu.
- 5+ years of experience working with virtualized environment such as KVM or Citrix XenServer.
- Experience configuring and maintaining of common applications such as HTTPd, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP.
- 5+ years of programming language experience on at least one of following: Shell scripting, Ruby, Python or Java.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally bilingual (English a must, French an asset).
Nice to have:
- Software development experience using agile methodologies.
- Advanced Java programming skills.
- Network devices management (routers, switches, load balancers) and network routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, VLANs, STP, LACP, etc).
- Experience with any of the following:
- Block Storage and iSCSI
- Cloud Orchestration tools; Apache CloudStack or OpenStack
- Container tools such as Docker or LXC
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to cloud.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.