As part of a small and focused DevOps team that follows a Kanban development process, you would be responsible for developing software solutions that enable our customers to self-manage their network, storage and compute resources on our cloud.ca platform.
We are looking for team players with curious minds who are excited about the challenge of building cloud infrastructure. Primarily focusing on the back-end, in this position you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) open source project.
This is a full-time position based at our head office in Montréal, QC.
- Create and maintain test suites at various levels (unit, functional, automated or not).
- Integrate custom software projects with various third-party solutions.
- Actively participate in increasing the team’s collective knowledge.
- Write documentation for various aspects of the project.
- Assist our operations team on troubleshooting application issues.
- Collaborate with a Java open source project.
- Work closely with an open source project community.
- Knowledge of network and storage infrastructure automation strongly desired.
- Ability to adequately task out project sub-components during sprint planning and commit to delivering the results in the allowed time.
- Proven skills in web-based development, including REST APIs.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts and knowledge of design patterns.
- Interest in back-end development.
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Good understanding of the Agile methodology.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and French).
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to cloud.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.